This week marks the first of a special mini-series on The Future of Supply Chain podcast presented by Gatik focusing on the automation and evolution of middle mile logistics. Santosh is joined by a co-host from Gatik, Sam Saad, head of strategic initiatives, and together they talk with Michael Plasencia, Ryder System, Inc.’s group director of RyderVentures & new product strategy.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Michael’s backstory in logistics and autonomous vehicles (2:21)
- Ryder and Gatik’s collaboration (6:17)
- Autonomous vehicle diagnostics, hardware, and maintenance (8:49)
- Dealing with different drivetrains (15:39)
- Building scalable solutions across geographies (18:58)
- Locking down a solid playbook for scalability (20:38)
- Developing transparent and collaborative partnerships (22:12)
- A bullish outlook on autonomous vehicles (25:38)
Gatik, the leader in middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently with its fleet of light and medium duty trucks. Its fleet of autonomous box trucks is available in multiple markets including Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, and Ontario. Focusing on short-haul, B2B logistics for the retail industry, Gatik enables its customers to optimize their supply chain with affordable convenience. Find out more at https://gatik.ai/about/
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.