During this episode, Santosh is joined by David Akinin, Founder and CEO at Jabu. Jabu is a B2B Marketplace that helps establish a digital link between small retailers and suppliers. Santosh and David discuss economic mobility, physical infrastructure, and more.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Overview of Jabu (1:14)
- David’s background (2:09)
- How operations work in today’s market (5:07)
- Economic mobility in Africa (8:47)
- Why David is building Jabu full-stack (9:57)
- Africa’s physical infrastructure (12:35)
- The Jabu experience (15:14)
- Benefits Jabu stakeholders acquire (18:01)
- Cash-based economy (20:27)
- Advice for acting on financial opportunities (23:29)
- Underappreciating broadening the African supply chain (24:46)
- The future of Jabu (26:16)
- Speed round: favorite habits, biggest company building challenge, fondest founder memory (27:31)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.