During this episode, Santosh is joined by Haytham Elhawary, co-founder and CEO of KINETIC. KINETIC is a tech company that builds wearable technology to help reduce injuries in the industrial workplace. Santosh and Haytham discuss selling as an IoT-enabled business, monetizing around insurance, and more.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- KINETIC and how Haytham got there (1:07)
- The problem KINETIC is trying to solve (4:39)
- What KINETIC’s device work (8:33)
- Selling as an IoT enabled business (12:14)
- Monetizing around insurance (15:08)
- Adapting as a CEO (18:47)
- Brokerage, the MGA model, & underwriting (20:30)
- Rapid-fire round: labor shortages across supply, favorite hardware product, the outlook for the New York City startup ecosystem (23:48)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.