During this episode, Santosh is joined by Drew Herpich, CCO at TIHC & Nolan Transportation Group, a 3PL company leveraging expertise, data, and technology to help optimize shippers’ logistics networks. In this conversation, Santosh and Drew discuss the challenges facing the trucking and shipping industry today, how carriers can combat a tough economy, recruiting the next generation of drivers, nearshoring opportunities, and more.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Overview of TIHC & Nolan Transportation Group (0:23)
- How Drew got into the world of supply chain (1:13)
- Recent challenges trucking companies are facing (2:14)
- Best practices carriers should employ to combat the tough market (4:18)
- Solutions for the driver shortage (7:47)
- Ways technology can recruit the next generation of driver (11:24)
- Opportunities with nearshoring (14:58)
- Advice to those entering the supply chain space (19:55)
- How Drew stays grounded (22:42)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.