During this episode, Santosh is joined by Steve Sloane, Partner at Menlo Ventures, a Bay Area venture capital firm that invests early stage across consumer, enterprise, and healthcare technologies. During this conversation, Santosh and Steve discuss all things AI and supply chain investment. Steve shares his background in mechanical engineering and robotics and how he became interested in supply chain investing. They discuss the growing interest in applying AI to white-collar work environments and the challenges of capital efficiency in building and scaling products. They also explore the use of generative AI in internal operations, the importance of profitability and scalable growth models in the robotics sector, and more.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Steve’s journey into supply chain investment (1:27)
- The Intersection of AI and Supply Chain (3:28)
- Applicability of Generative AI in Supply Chain (11:23)
- Capital efficiency and scaling challenges (12:36)
- AI's role in improving efficiency (14:02)
- Use of generative AI for internal operations (15:57)
- AI’s application for SaaS and other mediums (18:48)
- Final thoughts and takeaways (21:01)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.