During this episode, Santosh is joined by Felipe Capella, Co-Founder and CEO of Loadsmart, a logistics technology platform that enables shippers, carriers, and brokers to efficiently manage an automated supply chain. In this conversation, Santosh and Felipe discuss the impact of technology and business model innovation on the brokerage and forwarding business models. Felipe shares insights on Loadsmart's journey and its differentiation from competitors. He emphasizes the value of brokerages in handling manual tasks and the potential of cloud-based solutions to streamline processes. The conversation also touches on the venture-friendliness of the freight brokerage business model, the future of the industry, and more.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- The rise of Loadsmart (0:58)
- Shift in Loadsmart's focus (2:28)
- Comparison of Loadsmart and Convoy (7:39)
- The challenges of scaling a digital freight brokerage model (13:18)
- The lean business model of brokerage and different misconceptions (14:32)
- Adoption of cloud-based solutions in the supply chain industry (17:17)
- The Value of Outsourcing Freight (24:29)
- Challenges and Opportunities in the Brokerage Business Model (27:39)
- The Future of Add-On Offerings in the Industry (30:34)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.