During this episode, Santosh is joined by Barry Large, Partner at Dynamo Ventures and Co-Founder and former CFO at Access America, a 500-million-dollar logistics startup. During this conversation, Barry talks about his experience co-founding and growing the freight brokerage business, the impact of technology and venture capital on the industry, the evolution of digital freight brokerage, and the importance of strategic decision-making in response to market changes. He emphasizes the role of technology in improving productivity and efficiency and shares his outlook on the future of the industry, highlighting the potential of artificial intelligence to bring about significant advancements. The episode offers insights into the challenges and opportunities in the supply chain and freight sector, and much more.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Barry’s journey in Co-Founding Access America (0:53)
- Venture Capital and Technology in the Freight Industry (4:39)
- Challenges and Strategies in the Industry (8:26)
- Future Outlook and Business Optimization (14:02)
- Role of Technology in Freight Brokerage (15:54)
- The Impact of AI and Future Trends (19:18)
- Opportunities in the Supply Chain Industry (21:21)
- Final thoughts and takeaways (23:29)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.