In this episode, Santosh is joined by Drew McElroy, Co-founder and Chairman of Transfix. Santosh and Drew’s discussion revolves around the Transfix story and harmonizing physical and digital operations. The conversation included:
- Transfix’s origin story (1:35)
- Applying software to create a competitive advantage and drive people toward the future (5:05)
- With every segment of the supply chain being digitized, where is the digitalization really accelerating? (9:10)
- Learning to harmonize the digital and the physical to become a world-class 3PL (14:14)
- Addressing criticism of margins in digital freight brokerage and driving value (18:30)
- Full truckload vs. less than truckload and using AI to solve problems (28:05)
- Challenges of going from a start up to a scale up and evolving as a co-founder and CEO (38:41)
Drew McElroy co-founded Transfix in 2013 with the goal of creating a simpler, smarter and more sustainable freight ecosystem. Learn more about Transfix at transfix.io.
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.