In this episode, Santosh is joined by Julian Counihan, General Partner at Schematic Ventures. Julian started a career in technology as a software developer for warehouse control and automation systems and since then staked a flag in investing in the supply chain sector.
Santosh and Julian discussion covered supply chain start-ups, e-commerce, warehouse automation, the coolest robots and more. Highlights in the conversation include:
- Getting to know Julian’s background in seed investing and the supply chain (1:17)
- Discussing the current state of warehouse robotics and industrial automation (7:33)
- The excitement and challenges of rail automation (20:55)
- Start-ups and avoiding pitfalls with long-sale cycles (23:35)
- Offering contrarian takes on robotics and investing (33:56)
- Picking our favorite robots (38:24)
Schematic Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund located in San Francisco. The fund is focused on investments in technology companies within supply chain, manufacturing, commerce infrastructure & digital industrial sectors. Find out more at schematicventures.com
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.