In this week’s episode of The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh is joined by Sean Coakley, chief commercial officer at Capstone Logistics. Capstone is the largest warehouse services company in the country, and Sean focuses on strategic and tactical growth.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- An overview of Capstone Logistics and Sean’s path in the industry (1:05)
- Weighing the added value from a new partner against the risk it could bring to the relationship with the customer (5:04)
- 3PL’s build versus buy discussion (8:35)
- Analyzing the 3PL and shipper relationship (13:30)
- Creative deal structures (18:55)
- Insights on disruption and change in the future of the industry (21:41)
- Quick takes on recent supply chain news, including the distribution of coronavirus vaccines (24:18)
Positioned to help customers reduce warehousing and transportation costs, Capstone is a leading North American supply chain solutions partner with more than 500 operating locations,14,500 associates, and 60,000 carriers. They have capabilities in freight management, warehouse and distribution center support, last mile delivery, supply chain analytics and optimization, and more. Find out more at https://www.capstonelogistics.com/
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.