On this week’s episode of The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh talks with John Urban, the now-retired co-founder and president of GT Nexus. John shares about his experience founding, scaling, and selling his supply chain software business.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- John Urban’s background (1:32)
- The innovations of GT Nexus “The slowest overnight success” (3:29)
- Challenges with over interest in visibility and whether visibility is a means to an end (6:20)
- Consulting with young companies to take the supply chain to the next level (10:19)
- AI and digitization (15:02)
- Long-term adjustments for good sparked by a global pandemic (17:01)
- How John decided to lean in and work with the companies he’s with today (21:09)
- Product-oriented advice for startups in the supply chain (24:54)
- Selling software into an industry that is slow to adopt software (26:57)
- Digesting decades of experience (30:19)
GT Nexus is now Infor Nexus. Find out more at https://www.infor.com/about
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.