“From time to time, we’ll re-air a previous episode of the show that our newer audience may have missed.”
In this week’s episode, Santosh is joined by Alden Woodrow, founder and CEO of IKE, an autonomous trucking startup launched in 2018 by veterans of Google, Apple and Uber. IKE was recently acquired by Nuro.
With more than 170 billion miles a year being driven on the highway by the trucking industry, Santosh and Alden discuss how Ike is working to automate that part of the freight delivery journey.
Important points in the conversation include:
- Alden breaks down his background with supply chain and automation (1:18)
- The state of self-driving vehicles in 2020 (2:47)
- How Ike differentiates itself from competitors (14:31)
- Navigating regulations and ensuring safety (19:39)
- Discussing the news of working with Ryder, NFI, and DHL (28:01)
- Pitching to fleets and helping them prepare for this vision of the future (34:03)
- Alden’s take on the value of demonstrating the technology on public roads early on (37:01)
Ike is building cutting-edge automation technology to help improve the trucking industry and was recently acquired by Nuro. Ike envisions a world with automated trucks that focus on highway driving and hand-off the more complex and high-value parts of freight transportation to human operators. Find out more at ike.com
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.