From time to time, we’ll re-air a previous episode of the show that our newer audience may have missed.
On this week’s episode of The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh talks with David Warrick, Microsoft’s Global Supply Chain GM. Together they look at how the supply chain industry is on the cusp of going from a stagnant system to being a “thinking, living, breathing supply chain.”
Highlights from their conversation include:
- Microsoft’s global supply chain and David’s engineering background (1:22)
- David’s responsibility to make sure the right product gets to the right place at the right time (9:24)
- Dealing with the demand for the latest Xbox (10:31)
- End-to-end visibility and turning events into supply chain events (12:21)
- Is RPA where the value is? (17:23)
- How automation will impact the supply chain (20:08)
- The cognitive supply chain (24:10)
- Digital transformation and layering on top of ERP (29:50)
- Excitement about opportunities in the present and future of the supply chain (33:28)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.