From time to time, we’ll re-air a previous episode of the show that our newer audience may have missed.
On this week’s episode of The Future of Supply Chain, Santosh chats with Rob Garrison, founder and CEO of Mercado Labs. Mercado’s import management system connects importers with suppliers, partners, and products, connects product with demand, and connects team members together. Using a SaaS platform, Mercado looks to transform the first mile of logistics, a complex part of the supply chain that still relies heavily on spreadsheets and emails.
Highlights from their conversation include:
- An introduction to what Mercado Labs is working on and who Rob is (1:14)
- Rob’s take on the current state of imports (6:21)
- Why Rob thinks things will normalize by the end of April (9:55)
- Data’s role in dealing with uncertainty (13:43)
- Benefits of having an import management system in place (16:14)
- Plan, buy, move workflows (21:38)
- Contrasting first mile and final mile (25:00)
- PSP: people, service, profits (31:13)
About The Future of Supply Chain
During each episode of The Future of Supply Chain, we sit down with a different entrepreneur, investor, or industry veteran to discuss their story, views on the industry, and how we can collectively build the future of supply chain together. Listen to more episodes at https://www.dynamo.vc/podcasts.
About Dynamo Ventures
Dynamo Ventures is a pre-seed and seed stage fund that invests in supply chain and mobility startups, worldwide.