We understand that the current environment might be daunting for those graduating this summer and looking for their first career opportunity. Fear not, our Venture Fellow program continues to be an important part of our operations and accepting applications for a July start date (finishing in December).
The third Venture Fellow will have the benefit of a rebooted training program and get handoff from both Matt and Dalton. As the program progresses, the Dynamo team will work with the Fellow to provide guidance and introductions for the next step of their career whether it's a role in startups, venture capital, or further studies.
Given the COVID-19 crisis, we will begin the program remotely subject to clarity from governmental and health authorities regarding a return to the office in Chattanooga, TN.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and tracking investment opportunities
- Collaborate on investment diligence
- Researching opportunity areas within our industry
- Assisting with post-investment portfolio support
- Managing our marketing efforts
- Helping refine and improve existing processes
- Overseeing basic office activities
- Leading the charge on events and special projects
- Liaising with Dynamo’s network of corporate relationships
- Supporting Partners with LP relations
- Having fun!
- Ability to handle high-ambiguity environments
- Fast AND detail-oriented
- Passion for startups and venture capital
- Outcomes and execution-oriented
- Have strong commercial and common sense
- Team player with zero ego
- Has a “growth mindset” and able to take constructive feedback
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to figure anything out
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program OR graduated in the last 12 months
How to Apply
Please send us a PDF answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/31 at 11:59 PM PT.
Subject: Venture Fellow July 2020 + your name
- LinkedIn profile
- 1 paragraph outlining your personal story and why you are the best candidate for this role
- 1 paragraph on why you want to work in venture capital and specifically at Dynamo Ventures
- 1 paragraph describing a time when you had to deal with high levels of ambiguity
- List 3 pre-seed or seed-stage startups you love and why
Note: This is a paid opportunity that will begin in July (training to begin last week of June) and start remote and eventually move to Chattanooga, TN.